This week we’re excited to discuss EMF, what it is, how it may impact the human body, and some innovative supplements that may help support a healthy response.
What is EMF?
Identified as invisible areas of energy referred to as radiation, Electric and Magnetic Fields are often associated with sources like man-made lighting, radio frequency, and x-rays. Typically broken into two categories, EMFs can be classified as either non-ionizing or ionizing.
While all EMFs are capable of a certain degree of harm, ionizing radiation is the most well-documented for the highest potential for cellular and DNA damage. However, as we continue to push technological innovation to new heights, making our lives simpler, faster, and more connected, it has become increasingly crucial that we better understand the effects of all forms of EMF, including those that in the past may have been considered “safe”.
As studies continue to explore exactly how EMF is affecting our world and health, we are beginning to better understand the effects of increased exposure on long-term human health. For example, recent studies have shown that EMF impacts three key antioxidant defense systems, Glutathione, SOD, and Catalase. As these defense mechanisms are impaired by EMF, an overproduction of ROS may occur, resulting in oxidative stress.
Additionally, EMFs, no matter where they occur in the frequency spectrum, are reported to cause a rise in levels of oxygen free radicals in both plants and animals.
As EMF continues to be studied, and our technological boom accelerates ever faster, it will only become increasingly important for us to protect ourselves through innovative, effective healthcare solutions.
For an interesting look at some of the latest in EMF research and how to proactively support patient health, check out the link below of a recent webinar hosted by the 2021 EMF Conference with Bob Miller of Functional Genomic Analysis
Genetic Predispositions to EMF Sensitivity with Bob Miller of Functional Genomic Analysis
If you’re interested in learning more about EMF, we recommend signing up for Bob Miller’s upcoming webinar series which will be starting this Thursday, February 4th, at 5PM and running every other Thursday through 2021.
Products to Address EMF
To order any of the EMF-related products below, just register for an account or sign in with Compounded Nutrients and add to cart!
EMF Protect ($35.09)
- Supports proper use of calcium, scavenges peroxynitrite, supports SOD, glutathione, and catalase
- EMF Sensitivity pyramid block
SOD Plus ($41.31)
- Supports the function of superoxide dismutase (SOD), and supplies potent antioxidant support
- SOD/catalase pyramid block
- Supports the function of enzymes involved in nitric oxide synthesis, and the Fenton reaction
- NOS uncoupling (Nitric Oxide) pyramid block
Glutathione Conjugation Support ($34.56)
- Supports glutathione conjugation, and glutathione reduction
- Glutathione pyramid block
NMN Plus ($35.78)
- Supports function of enzymes and a precursor that is involved in NAD+/NADPH synthesis, and function of NAD+
- NADPH pyramid block
CytoCalm 6 ($29.14)
- Supports the reduction of inflammation and provides nutrients that may reduce the excess production of IL-6
- NOX & electrical sensitivity pyramid block
DAO Support ($24.78)
- Supports normal degradation of histamine and may slow the HDC enzyme from making excess Histamine
- Histamine pyramid block
Aldosto Ease ($17.52)
- Supports healthy function of the renin-angiotensin-system (RAS)
MC Stabilizer ($34.28)
- Supports the normal function of mast cells
- NOX, Mast Cell pyramid block
NAD+ & NADPH Assist ($32.84)
- Supports function of enzymes involved in de novo NAD+/NADPH synthesis
- NAD+ NADPH pyramid block
NADPH Protect ($26.22)
- Supports function of NADPH, and balanced function of NADPH oxidase (NOX)
- NOX, Mast Cell pyramid block